Maersk is on the transformation journey to truly become the integrator of container logistics, providing end to end values to the customer supply chain with the unique position of asset holder and operator of an ocean container transportation.
We are seeking colleagues who are joining this exciting and challenging journey. We are looking for a customer-facing, self-driven solution sales who collaborates and jointly work with client owners to hunt and develop business, such as air freight, LCL, contract logistics and solutions, for the customers in key vertical industries.
The role is expected to build and leverage internal stakeholders with different functions and experts to facilitate the development of solutions as well as managing external customer relationships together with client owners to build strategic partnerships.
• Accountable for delivery of the “Gross Profit” to meet and exceed predefined targets through assigned clients
• Accountable for securing new contracted customers for various logistics services through coordinating with global internal stakeholders, promoting the sale of either the focused sales campaigns or customized customer offerings to meet the desired strategy, through ongoing strong management of a robust sales pipeline.
• Participate RFQs together with client owners by coordinating necessary internal stakeholders as well as managing relations with clients
• Responsible for ensuring the sales pipeline with optimizing sales CRM system.
Required experiences and Skills:
• 3+ years in a customer-facing sales role within the logistics industry, especially service towards customers in key vertical industry
• An expert understanding of logistics services, solutions, pricing and terminology, Supply Chain development processes, in the local market and automotive industry.
• Understands the competitive landscape, and can adjust approaches to customers as a result
• Proven track record of targeting, pursuing, and winning large opportunities, through both personal and collaborative selling efforts, in tendered environments through team wins
• Strong presence and ability to communicate / present / attract current and new customers
• Well-developed, confident communication, persuasiveness, influencing, presentation and negotiating skills
• Self-motivated and performance-driven strategic thinking with both short- and long-term planning skills; strengths in time management with regards to managing multiple objectives and priorities
• Strong client retention and relationship-building skills from past and present experience in business development and sales exposure. Confident in offering consultative recommendations to clients that would results in long-term strategic value across business units
• Fluency in Japanese is required, and it is preferred to be able to use English in a business environment.