A great opportunity to join a classic British retail company in central Tokyo.
As the TA Manager, you will be responsible for back office Talent Acquisition including smoothing the on-boarding processes. This role is also a leader in critical global TA projects for Japan. You will collaborate with the Head of HR Japan and you will drive local, regional and global TA priorities to support the growth and expansion of the Japan business.
Main Role and Responsibilities
You will partner with hiring managers in the Japan office to hire best in class talent for a variety of departments. The primary responsibilities of this role include sourcing, recruiting, interviewing, hiring and on-boarding for junior to senior talent.
- Develop and execute a recruiting strategy to fill current openings
- Define the most effective sourcing channels
- Develop job descriptions
- Conduct full cycle recruitment activities for office based positions, including drafting JDs, advertisements, screenings, shortlisting, interviews, final assessment and reference checks.
- Enhance the company brand values throughout the recruitment process
- Prepare offers for internal approval
- Negotiate with candidates and external agencies
- Vendor management and development
- Partner with global and regional TA team to ensure best practices
- Build a pipeline of talent to fill future openings as the company grows
- Lead and support global HR projects as needed
Ideal Skills & Experiences
- More than 5 years of HR experience ideally in retail
- Proven TA experience
- Strong English skills
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Good IT skills especially with MS Office suite
- Knowledge of Japanese labor law and regulations