A global leader in the healthcare industry is looking for a Tax Manager to manage the company's corporate tax compliance (both direct and indirect) and US tax legal entity (LE) reporting for its Japan businesses.
This role will report to the company's Senior Tax Manager, and will manage a team of 3 dedicated tax professionals. In addition to this, the Tax Manager will liaise with each business unit in the Japan organisation on tax issues, and regularly communicate with regional and global colleagues.
This an exceptional opportunity for a bilingual professional with Big 4 tax experience who would like to move to an in-house role at one of the most prestigious American companies.
- Responsible for process oversight and review of direct tax filings within stipulated timelines.
- Ongoing assistance with the US LE reporting processes including liaison with GS and Global Tax team, making sure all deadlines are met and accuracy and credibility of reporting is being maintained.
- Supervision of timely and accurate filing of consumption tax and other miscellaneous taxes.
- Tax forecasting/accounting in Business Plan cycles and quarterly closing.
- Ensure compliance to SOX and other internal controls, and support in SOX audits.
- Lead in cross-sectors tax driven business initiatives locally or regionally.
- Provide internal tax advisory services and support business operation matters.
- Support the line manager, BUF and other colleagues on local transfer pricing matters.
- Handle the relationships with external tax authorities and consultants.
- Standardize and streamline of processes across sectors.
- Collaborate and build positive relationships with BUF, GS and other business partners.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Tax qualification (Certified Public Tax Accountant, Japanese CPA or US CPA is a plus).
- At least 8 years of Japanese tax experience in a multinational corporation and/or in an international tax firm.
- Competent to work independently and be influential.
- Ability to deliver results under pressure.
- Analytical and attention to detail.
- Capability to lead a team as a great teammate.
- Excellent communication skills in both Japanese and English.
- Ability to convey complex issues to non-tax colleagues and provide practical advice.
- Highly proactive with a can-do attitude.