You will be a part of the Asia Pacific Total Rewards team where you will provide Total Rewards expertise, leadership with a primary focus on Japan, and a secondary focus on regional Total Rewards projects.
You will be responsible for the strategy and design of total rewards policies and procedures. Provide expertise to address escalated complex inquiries. Own and deliver continuous improvement of compensation and benefits administration, vendor management, operational reporting, and service management. Oversee payroll vendor, process and services. Manage HR technology, reporting and analytics. Ensure local implementation international assignment policy.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
- Design, plan and manage benefit plans and programs while ensuring cost effectiveness to the organization (e.g., insurance plans, retirement plans, vacations, etc.)
- Design, plan and manage compensation strategy in accordance to the business requirement in order to achieve market competitiveness while complying with national and local legal requirements
- Implement Compensation and Benefits processes, procedures, and policies that align with Colgate’s Total Rewards strategy
- Responsible for the competitive positioning of Total Rewards via active participation in surveys and industry meetings
- Monitor, evaluate and redesign rewards programs. Participate in regional and global rewards initiatives and projects.
- Oversee payroll vendor, process and services
- Manage, govern and implement HR technology including SAP, SuccessFactors etc.
- Support the coaching and development of the Shared Services Compensation team
- Ensure compliance of mandatory legal regulatory and compensation and benefits program reporting
- Design, implement and manage the Total Rewards communication strategy
- Own Global Grading process for Japan
- Monitor global mobility trends in the external markets and recommend adjustments to Mobility policies and procedures
- Analyze current internal employee data and future needs against external markets to determine salary and benefits forecasts
- Govern and manage the implementation of local and international mobility policies
- Support Expat payroll, Salary & Benefits Budgeting.
- Attend local Compensation Industry Group meetings
Ideal Experiences & Skills
- 5-10 years of progressive working experience with minimum 3 years in compensation for international companies
- Experienced with Microsoft Office functionality (e.g., Word, Excel) and SAP
- Advanced knowledge of HR processes and analytics
- Bachelor’s degree
- Fluent level of Japanese
- Business level of English