What You'll Be:
- A strategic partner to warehouse managers and the Operations team to support the growth of the Japan dark grocery business, translating global vision into a locally inspiring strategy and plan.
- Accountable for driving financial results and key business metrics including but not limited to daily orders, delivery time, and order conversion.
- Leader on a new and globally supported pilot from day one. As we scale, you will be the subject matter expert on your functional area, and the go-to resource for best practices within the team.
- Flexible and high energy day-to-day. The team will work on previously uncharted tasks, and you will need to be agile and adaptable to unfamiliar situations. No task is beneath you, but you do not hesitate to challenge existing processes.
- A strategic advocate for the long-term vision. You will be a key member of a lean team and will need to advocate amongst cross-functional stakeholders for support and resourcing in order to achieve ambitious targets.
What You'll Do:
- Launch and operate micro-distributed warehouse operations for a dark grocery store pilot in Japan.
- Build and implement foundational warehouse processes and systems, coordinate day-to-day operations of warehouse management with the Supply Chain Manager.
- Hire and train staff on standard operating procedures, warehouse management systems.
- Work closely with warehouse managers to optimize warehouse operations efficiencies and drive achievement of individual KPIs.
- Ensure compliance with local food safety regulations and implement quality control measures.
- Help define and execute on expansion strategy
---- Basic Qualifications ----
- A proven track record: Minimum 5+ years of warehouse or operations management in a dynamic environment preferably in the consumer industry. Previous experience in grocery and FMCG retailers, especially experience with fresh items, is a huge plus.
- A self-starter who thrives in ambiguity: Launching a new business model isn't easy, and there isn't an existing plan for you to follow. You'll have the support of your manager and cross-functional partners, but you'll need to be the one driving this forward autonomously.
- A willingness to 'get into the weeds' and a continuous improvement attitude: You'll be as comfortable in the office as you are in the warehouse. You won't get it right on day 1, or week 1, or month 1... However, by being in the details and deeply understanding all aspects of the business' operations, you'll be best placed to advise and execute on improvement opportunities.
- Native level proficiency in Japanese
- Business proficiency in English
- Proficiency in SQL