My client is a global company with a strong client base here in Japan. An extremely pleasant work environment coupled with a very flat organizational structure means your opinions are listened to and valued as you help contribute to the team and the company. This role requires approximately 80% accounting related tasks and 20% office admin tasks. A great opportunity for those just starting their accounting career or a more senior person comfortable with an "accountant" title.
Location: Toyko, Japan
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare journal entries and complete general ledger operations.
- Bank reconciliation, petty cash, account payable and receivable.
- Monthly closings and preparation of monthly financial statements.
- Produce invoices and assist in billing related matters.
- Assist in preparing budgets and forecasts.
- Supports internal/external audits.
- Maintains office supplies and stationaries.
- Answering phone calls.
- Maintenance of office facilities.
- Reporting to the Finance Manager.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Professional certification in Accounting/Finance with at least 2 years of relevant experience.
- English – Business level.
- SAP experience
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel