- Plan and control closing procedures (monthly / quarterly / yearly) and ensure timely and accurate reporting to management and HQ.
- Maintain the accounting system and ledgers including chart of accounts, accounting policies and procedures and control processes.
- Prepare local statutory reporting.
- Support the preparation of the tax return and ensure appropriate treatment and controls for tax reporting matters.
- Supervise asset reconciliation processes to ensure integrity of reporting.
- Review discrepancies analysis report of inventory.
- Support of internal control reviews by Internal Audit teams.
- Implement appropriate procedures to maintain and improve internal control systems and complete reporting requirements.
- Provide necessary data to external and internal auditors or tax auditors.
- Maintenance and development of Business Continuity processes for Accounting team responsibilities.
- Take charge in ad-hoc projects related to accounting flows, rules and systems.
- Support and develop the team (3 members).
- Business level English and Japanese.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience.
- Knowledge of SAP is a plus.
- Team management experience preferred.