This position is the sales executive responsible to develop existing or new Contract Logistics business within the given vertical (industry segment) and country. He / She is the primary contact within a country with regard to Contract Logistics business.
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Meet and exceed personal and country/regional new business revenue goals
- Develop strong opportunity pipeline for sales opportunities
- Work on RFQ/RFP written responses
- Build relationships with key contacts within customer organizations to understand opportunities
for the Contract Logistics to create value.
- Marshall the resources within the company to capitalize on value creation opportunities.
- Work closely with this team to develop creative solutions to customer needs.
- Cross-sell suite of services.
- Organize regular meetings with the client and relevant operations staff to report on performance and receive an update from client on challenges and future plans.
- Direct operational issues to the correct operational owner.
- Develop and implement account plans for major accounts.
- Identify issues before they become problems through close contact with customer.
- Assure the company and customer expectations are in alignment.
- Drive proactive suggestions for continuous and discontinuous improvement.
- Maintain close communication with customer and the operations team to assure uniform understanding of customer expectations relative to operational solutions, timeline, costs and results.
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Business level of Japanese and good proficiency of English language skills to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Experience (2+ years) with national sales and account management and proven success in business development.
- Solid understanding of the theory and practice of supply chain management, warehousing, and domestic transportation
- Experience in retail, high-tech, industrials/chemicals, automotive or pharmaceutical/healthcare industries.
- Ability to provide clear direction to operations support staff to gather necessary data and implement the right solution.
- Ability to deliver good presentation
- Good proposal development skills
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects and tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to travel (up to 50%).
- Previous third party logistics experience (2+ years) a plus.