- This position is responsible for general accounting and the company’s general ledger.
- This position requires to support the preparation of monthly, quarterly, annual financial reporting package in cooperation with the Financial Controller and the Accounting team.
- The position also requires to support the compliance of operations with the internal accounting defined by the Corporate and legal regulations.
- The other primary responsibilities are to support the preparation of statutory financial information including tax filing.
- The Chief Accountant supports the actions ensuring the integrity of the company’s assets, a proper level of internal controls and credit policy.
- Additional responsibilities include delivery efficiencies and strive continuously to improve company operations.
The Chief Accountant position reports to the Finance & Accounting Manager of a leading luxury retail company in Ginza. This position requires close coordination with other departments in the organization and also requires communication with Regional team in HK.
- Is responsible for general accounting, the company’s general ledger and cash management
- Supports the preparation of financial reporting package, the compliance of financial policies and local legal requirements including taxation
- Manages cash-flow and bank information and reports to the headquarters The position support the communication with external HR provider for required personnel filing
- Manages Accounts Payable (including Intercompany reconciliation) and monthly payments (trade, employees, intercompany and payroll)
- Manages Provisions, Accruals and CAPEX
- Monitors voucher input and payments of employees’ travel expenses
- Supports the enhancement of tools and processes to ensure visibility and correctness of financial data
- Maintains control on procedures to be followed by each departments
- Keeps good cooperation with the Accounting team and support the development of strong finance team in the organization.
- Knowledge of J-GAAP and IFRS
- More than 6 years of experience in financial accounting field
- Good communication skill in English and Japanese
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- A strong team player with proactive attitude
- Willing to learn and be proactive
- Experience with SUN SYSTEM and Oracle Hyperion is a plus
- Experience in Luxury/Retail is a plus
What's On Offer
- High level of learning and chance to experience different sides of the company
- Good work-life balance and flexible working hours
- Global company with international environment
- Good benefit package