Commodity (Parts) Business Manager
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
- Develops, aligns and implements commodity strategies.
- Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between our company and the supply base.
- Engages with the PLC process to ensure alignment with the commodity strategies.
- Directs new supplier introduction and/or disengagement requirements to/from our company’s supply base.
- Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
- Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
- Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
- Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
- May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
- Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
- Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
- Associate's Degree
- 4 - 7 Years of Experience
Our company is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.1. Salary: 9M – 14.5M
2. Location: Tokyo
3. Report to: Overseas(US)
4. Subordinates: non
5. Age: up to late 40th
6. Gender: no preference
7. Travel: 20%
- Supply chain
- Technical knowledge
- Our supplier sales
- Our competitor supply chain
10. English: Fluency in English is needed
11. Position Type: Manager
12. Other Details:
- This is supply chain role but not a buyer
- Strategic supply chain
- Planning supply chain
- Predict and align with the company direction and search and develop suppliers to meet the company goal
- Supplier performance management
- Partnering with suppliers
- Commodity means parts not products
- Candidates have sell side experience can be our potential candidates