A Japanese fintech startup company is looking for someone with legal/finance/consulting/venture capital experience to join their organisation in a role reporting to the company’s directors of corporate functions and executive management. The successful applicant will cover internal corporate functions such as finance, legal, HR, general affairs, and IT, and also work closely with external parties such as investors, banks, lawyers, a labour insurance consultant, and a tax accountant.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Support business team to review contracts, co-working with an external lawyer. Also, help business team to solve their finance or legal issues and support their day-to-day business activities.
- Support financial planning and analysis, accounting, and prepare documents for board meetings and shareholder meetings.
- Move forward tax related documents and processes, co-working with an external tax accountant.
- Support new colleagues to be on board and consult with HR related issues, co-working with an external social insurance labor consultant.
- Prepare required reporting documents to be compliant with guidance by FSA or other entities in financial industry.
- Engage in multiple corporate projects such as financing debt/capital from external entities, prepare for IPO, system implementation/replacement, acquiring a license to initiate new business, devising proposals to improve internal policies.
- 3+ years of experience in corporate functions such as legal, finance at fast moving and ambiguous environment, or professional firms such as consulting, venture capital or a related highly competitive environment.
- BA/BS degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in Japanese (English is plus).
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and prioritise workload.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Strong PC skills including at least intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint (even elementary proficiency in those software, we’ll place more importance on if he/she has strong will to improve his/her skill).
- Ability to deal with numerous, different tasks with strong ownership, while he/she can raise alert appropriately to seek support by directors of corporate functions.
Contact me directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with enquiries.