Our client is an European start-up looking for a hands-on country manager. The successful candidate will be a bilingual, creative thinker with experience in SaaS document management applications with companies like Ricoh, Konica, Minolta, Fuji, or Canon.
As the start-up member of the Japan team, you will need to be a self-starter, excellent communicator, ability to deliver results, and feel comfortable with working with an overseas team.
You'll work with a global team to set up operations in Japn. You'll also be building and maintaining relationships with Japanese companies, such as those outlined above.
- Understand existing (physical) product portfolio and production workflows.
- Build and develop new product capabilities and partnerships with relevant partners to expand the offering based on customer demand.
- Benchmark market leader competitor offerings and understand production cost components for different production technologies.
- Play a key role in developing and driving strategic initiatives to build stronger partnerships with key suppliers.
- Experience in product management of physical printed products or digital printing experienceis required.
- Strategic perspective and operational attention to detail.
- Ability to leverage technology and define requirements collaboratively with tech teams.
- Proven track record of managing deliverables in a changing landscape with an evolving set of priorities.
- In this role you must be comfortable in an "all hands on deck" environment, love solving problems and thriving in a startup culture.
- Familiarity with business and financial principles and practices.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Leadership and organizational skills.
- A track record of problem solving and creativity in finding/designing new solutions and innovative methods, using software systems and the desire to create and build new processes.
- Strong academic performance from a top tier university.
- Business fluent in English with native level Japanese.