Looking for a Country Manager for a growing Medical Device company. The General Manager will drive the strategic objectives for opportunity & growth consistent with Company goals. Equally as important, the GM will have strong leadership abilities to lead an organization through change and developing high performing teams to achieve customer outcomes.
- Develop and execute the business strategy to grow and expand the business.
- Develop annual Business Operating Budgets and deliver fiscal year revenue and profit objectives.
- Review and evaluate monthly business and financial performance against budget.
- Leading teams and influencing Sector resources to effectively utilise manpower and assets to maximize efficiency and profitability in accordance with business unit objectives.
- Contribute to the leadership of the New Markets Sector. Assist relevant staff in maintaining a strong knowledge base of the business, markets, etc.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with customers and collaborators.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- Educated to advanced degree level, preferably in a business or science and technology subject.
- Extensive experience in a senior management role leading senior staff, ideally in the Chemicals / Materials, Medical Devices or Components industry.
- Preferred, diverse technical and analytical background in the medical devices or medical components industry to actively manage assigned functional areas to achieve maximum profitability consistent with the business unit's strategic plan.
- Strong relationship builder, who can flex their style and influence to build effective relationships with targets, partners, customers, investment bankers and colleagues in international offices.
- Robust character. A highly motivated self-starter who is comfortable dealing with change and ambiguity. Prepared to roll up sleeves to deliver results and coach and support colleagues through integration phase.
- Experience of working in an international, matrix business environment to deliver results.
- Experience with M&A activities.
- Significant experience working in different cultures and countries.
- Native level Japanese language skills are strongly preferred.