To proactively follow up and manage customers with contracts/agreements and to monitor customer service needs, coordinate and follow up service orders / jobs and to provide support to Customers, Customer Coordinators and Account Managers.
This position reports to the Customer Service Coordinator (Team Lead).
Has the authority to act within this Functional Description and within the chart of authority as outlined in the company's Sharepoint.
- Implement and coordinate specifically nominated Safety agreements and/or Life raft rental agreements. Assist and follow up Life raft exchanges.
- To coordinate all service related jobs, receive and register enquiries/orders in the system and ensuring all the information is correct.
- Follow up with customer on quotations.
- To identify order building opportunities through telephone sales expertise
- To issue delivery instructions to the appropriate supply point and follow up delivery of the goods
- To keep customer informed of changes in the order, surcharges and any other relevant information for the sake of good order
- To resolve any order related problems including suggestions for redirection of orders if appropriate
- To use customer specific due date information related to safety in order to pro-actively promote our products and services to any customer and to meet our contractual obligations for signed customers.
- Provide technical support and advice to customers.
- Support and assist Sales in conceptualising and pricing of fleet agreements.
- To register and maintain fleet agreement information into the IT systems available.
- To report and take corrective action contribute to sales budgets are achieved and contractual obligations are fulfilled.
- To provide regular feedback on technical, service quality and commercial issues raised by customers to the Customer Services Manager, the respective Account Manager and the Business Stream.
- To coordinate with spares centres for parts purchase whenever possible.
- To gather information required to help investigation and resolution in invoice dispute.
- To follow up complaints/non compliances through improvement/complaint system in place
- To check that the order value maintains within the existing authorised credit limits and policies
- Duly follows Safety Service Operational Manual and local operation procedures.
- Responsible for up keeping good QHSSE (Quality, Health, Safety, Security & Environmental) practices as laid down by the company during your employment at all time.
- Any other duties assigned by the manager.
This position will be measured against:
- Response to customer as per agreed targets, especially related to sending order acknowledgements and quote follow up
- Level of technical support to customers, the Customer Services team and Sales.
- Agreed AOP and KPI's
- Work process efficiency
- Formal education in engineering/technical studies or relevant work experience
- Experience from the marine industry and technical experience is essential
- Able to meet deadlines through good time management and allocation of priorities
- Strong interpersonal understanding with an awareness of different cultures within the customer base, team and organisation
- Fluent English - both in writing and speaking
- Computer literate
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate on all levels
- Ability to systematically work independently and in a team