Demand Planner Position Summary:
The purpose of the position is to provide leadership in orchestrating the overall divisional S&OP process to meet divisional goal within the Internationally known, American Fortune 500 Medical Devices company. The position will be responsible to take lead demand management, collaborate with sales, finance, marketing and control/improve key measure i.e. DIOH, EEO, F.A., SL & Backorder and so on.
- Schedules the Demand Review with key stakeholder per the S&OP calendar.
- Coordinates monthly Demand process through gathering, organizing, and analysis of the demand data.
- Consolidates the variety of inputs to recommend an aggregate, reasonable demand plan represented in volume units and dollars.
- Facilitates the Demand Review meeting
- Leads the Development of “what if” scenarios that test the Demand Plan sensitivity and identify potential gap closing solutions.
- Identifies, develops and implements process improvement plans to optimize the Demand Management process to meet company objectives for quality, cost, responsiveness and growth.
- Coordinates with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, Finance, and Supply to maintain continuous integrated resolution of issues as they arise, as well as day to day threats and opportunities to the plan.
- Monitors actual performance to plan and communicates or intervenes as appropriate.
- Manages abnormal demand as they arise.
- Ensures that issues and imbalances which occur during the monthly demand cycle are cross functionally reviewed, resolved or escalated with recommendations and alternatives for closure.
- Maintains and improves process performance measures.
Desired Knowledge & Skills:
- Leadership and Influencing Skills
- The person should be a champion in engaging people with different priorities towards a common objective.
- Builds excellent relationship with internal and external customers based on trust and confidence
- Influential and charismatic, especially with decision-makers and cross-functional teams
- S&OP Process/System Knowledge
- Cross-functional planning processes (e.g., Sales and Operating Planning).
- Has comprehensive knowledge and use of best practices in demand mgmt.
- Well general knowledge of demand planning and reporting systems.
- Strong Analytical Capability
- Ability to interpret statistical forecasts and apply business insights to translate into your recommendations.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 5 or more years work experience in Supply Chain, manufacturing (Consignment business model background preferred)
- ERP System & Standard MS skill required. (SAP knowledge preferred)
- Familiarity or experience with Lean-Six-Sigma and other continuous improvement methodologies(preferred)