General Position Summary:
Manage a planning team responsible for Japan regional planning process. Set, review and manage demand, inventory, purchase and delivery planning targets to achieve profitability, customer coverage and inventory goals. Demonstrate high-level planning and systems expertise and ability to handle complex issues.
Essential Functions/Responsibilities: Drive regional revenue and profitability
Set, review and manage demand, inventory, purchase and delivery targets to achieve business/profitability goals.
Contribute to regional budget and financial planning by determining feasibility gaps of the category plans.
- Provide on-going reconciliation of the regional demand plan to the financial targets and corporate forecast.
Manage planning processes to achieve high forecast accuracy and on-time order fulfilment
Provide direction to team in establishing and managing detailed forecast, inventory, purchase and delivery plans by product type, customer or region-wide
Determine and document the key assumptions and rationale for forecast targets
- Monitor on-going results against key performance metrics (e.g. supply vs demand, blind buy, inventory turns, customer fill rates, close-outs, etc) and recommend suggested corrective action as necessary
Provide analysis, information and recommendations for decision making
Represent the planning point of view with compelling analysis and supporting documentation to drive cross-categorical and cross-functional decisions
- Provide information reporting to influence regional line planning
Hire, coach, guide and lead direct reports
- Clarify individual and team goals and performance measures
Work with other planning managers to implement best practices and operational initiatives
Analyze forecast accuracy at various forecast horizons and levels to recommend areas for process improvement
Possess a thorough understanding of the up-stream and down-stream supply chain processes and high-level systems flow in order to understand the business process integration and ensure timely execution of supply chain activities
Provide leadership in determining gaps and identify opportunities for continuous process improvements.
Manage date integrity related to demand forecasting and inventory management activities. Work with Merchandising to reduce supply planning data exceptions.
- Understand impact of size curve set up to overall purchase planning process flows and manage size curve process for designated categories
Secondary Functions: Perform other duties as assigned.
Manages multiple teams (related or diverse) of a division. Ensures that goals and objectives are met on time and within budget. Assists in the development and achievement of functional objectives. Develops solutions and execution strategies where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of business objectives. Decisions have function-wide impact. Makes decisions impacting the tactical and strategic area of responsibility. Sets goals and objectives for department or sub-function and influences functional strategy.
Specific Job Skills:
• Superior analytical and problem solving skills.
• Proactive and assertive in follow-through with colleagues and business partners.
• Ability to understand and translate moderately technical concepts verbally and in writing.
• Ability to prioritize tasks and respond to urgent requests/inquiries with minimal supervisory involvement.
• The ability to collaborate and influence others.
• The ability to cope with conflicting constraints
• A well developed ability to speak, read, and write English, including writing clear and concise business communication.
• Significant experience using Microsoft Excel to create spreadsheets, charts and pivot tables; using of functions such as sumif, vlookup, and similar.
• Experience using Microsoft Access, including running preformatted reports and creating simple queries.
• Experience using information systems associated with demand and supply planning.
• Understanding of wholesale Footwear business with experience in planning and buying.
• Previous work with other cultures in a business setting, and awareness of and sensitivity to cultural differences.
• Minimum: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience preferably in demand/supply planning, inventory management and Sales & Operations Planning
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in holistic supply chain design and implementation is preferred
- Knowledgeable of the concepts and theories of the function
- Experience working with a multinational consumer products company
- Customer focused
- Strong business acumen
- Logical thinking and analytical
- Ability to influence and drive change
- Result oriented