Fortune 500 American Pharmaceutical and Life Sciences Services company if looking fo ra Supply and Demand Planner to join their team in Tokyo.
- Enhance customer satisfaction levels while attaining or exceeding inventory, DOS, and cash flow targets.
- Contribute to business growth as shared services planning function, which includes all aspects of demand planning, supply planning and inventory management of finished goods.
- Ensures compliance with all aspects of customer requirements and local, company, and government regulations.
Achieve DOS targets set by the assigned Divisions while achieving LIFR, target set by the division. Achieve Net inventory target while achieving LIFR target set by the assigned Divisions.
* LIFR: Line Item Fill Rate,
Review inventory positions as determined, and take actions for improvement to ensure attainment of DOS, service, and Net Inventory targets. Review and assess the currently inventory and demand management processes, and improve and/or define processes related to inventory and demand management, and document the procedures as required. Create KPI (Key Performance Indicator) reports related to inventory positions and demand forecasts, and identify opportunities for improvement.
Obtain demand inputs from sales and marketing to derive a consensus demand forecast, and generate the supply plan.
As required, evaluate the setups in the ERP and the demand management tools, and modify accordingly.
Report and review monthly demand forecast vs demand actual performance, backlogs, and report root cause and actions at the next SIOP/Inventory Meeting.
Conduct inventory and service level review as required/determined to keep optimal the inventory positions.
Review and analyze aged inventory and E&O reserve. And work with cross-functional team to identify reduction plans and actions
Create various reports related with inventory leveling then review and identify opportunity for inventory balancing.
Prepare materials for the monthly SIOP meetings and lead. Obtain campaign/new product information to factor into the demand plan, and position inventory to support such events.
Conduct daily back orders analysis and take actions to reduce any negative impacts.
Prepare summary of inventory performance and key actions for monthly corporate inventory regional report out.
Prepare and review quarterly MRP setting and update SAP Create SOP, then modify accordingly
Join related meetings (marketing, procurement, finance, APAC supply chain…)
Ensure communications with marketing team on risks in supplies, and recover plans available with PO team.
Cooperate with APAC supply chain partners, other country supply chain partners in order to support business each other in the region. Responsible for driving action plans ongoing to achieve expected targets
Experience & Capability
- Possess advanced skills in Excel, Access, Powerpoint, SAP, E1 and other ERP system.
- Ability to function independently across departments and divisions in a complex global and matrixed organization.
- Continuous improvement minded and possess the ability to influence without authority.
- Strong business and financial acumen.
- Strong command of the English language. Good verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- 4 year university degree required.
- 5-10 years of planning experience preferred. 2-4 years of operations/supply chain experience required.