- Support Japan Controllership Financial Reporting team on all financial reporting analysis, such as the monthly balance sheet review, quarterly corporate financial reviews and other analysis for presentation and review to the market Controller, CFO and CEO.
- Support the Japan Controllership Financial Reporting team on analysis of company’s financial risks and potential exposure through rigorous review of the financials and address any potential impacts to the company’s financial performance; supervise analyses to drive financial performance by identifying new opportunities through business intelligence and analysis; providing insight into operational and financial historical and prospective trends.
- Collaborate and liaise with cross-functional teams, in particular the Japan Finance Planning & Analysis team (FP&A), to ensure the appropriate period end financial close process is completed effectively.
- Ensure that all underlying financial transactions are recorded in an effective, accurate, and timely manner in accordance with all local statute and relevant GAAP (Japan and US) pronouncements.
- Understand US and Japan GAAP and impact on retail business and partner with the market technical lead and regional technical leads.
- Liaise with the Global Finance and Controllership teams, and local leadership team, to assist with driving the effective implementation and sustainment of any company Global accounting and finance initiatives (e.g., SAP implementation, HFM, ABS, etc.).
- US GAAP knowledge
- Japan GAAP knowledge