- Support FCPA team in ensuring strong controls, narratives, mapping flow, process owner(s) communication and guidance for best practices needed for financial, and operational, FCPA work.
- Drive overall design of controls, narratives, mapping flow, process owner(s) communication and guidance for best practices needed for financial, and operational controls.
- Understand US and Japan GAAP and impact on retail business by partnering with market and regional technical leads.
- Support Assistant Controller Governance by ensuring best practices and high standards of internal controls are in place for the main processes in the company such as contingencies, reconciliations, inventory, IT systems and applications (SAP and other legacy systems), labor claims, closing controls (journal entries) and other financial areas.
- Support the Assistant Controller Governance and drive the follow-up and monitoring of all audit findings and recommendations, inclusive of non-finance activity.
- Understand and partner with the CEO, CFO and Controller to drive Global Controllership initiatives both in the area of Governance, and other Finance areas.
- US GAAP knowledge.
- Japan GAAP knowledge.
- Business level English and Japanese.
- Accounting/Controllership experience, preferably in a fortune 500 corporation overseen by a US parent company and/or Public audit experience; preferably with clients who are overseen by a US parent company.