Director, Supply Chain and Business Management Operations
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of Supply Chain and Operations and Program Management expertise.
Interprets internal and external business issues and recommends best practices.
Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
• Forecasts and communicates technical, materials, and manufacturing requirements to suppliers. Evaluates demand signals to optimize operational efficiencies in supply pipeline.
• Develops, aligns, and coordinates strategic business practice strategies and plans for system and process development and implementation.
• With limited/ no supervision, creates, releases and updates new project materials strategy.
• Sourcing: Assists in supplier price and delivery negotiations; under direct supervision may negotiate contracts as necessary. Completes supplier risk assessment on critical and unique parts. Monitors supplier performance (delivery, quality, cost).
• Executes commercialization (transition) materials plan.
• Manages materials change control process. Meets cost objectives and resolves quality issues. Generates and publishes Key Process Indicators . Tracks total landed costs targets.
• Works with Business Operations to identify preliminary critical parts, long-lead parts and inspection requirements. Assists and/ or leads in developing supplier and commodity road maps to ensure materials continuity and short lead times. Actively mediates and partners with quality and engineering teams to resolve supplier quality issues for assigned product groups. Escalate issues to Commodity Business Managers when necessary.
• Negotiates and manages the maintenance of agreements with suppliers that provide the structure for all business relationships between Applied Materials and the supply base.
• Manages supplier manufacturing and materials schedules to meet the need dates of system shipments.
• Drives resolution to systemic supply chain issues affecting quality, cost, delivery or lead-time, which may include engagement with sub-tiers in the supply chain.
• Develops and presents high level cost reduction opportunities.
• Manages Operational reviews with Executives on the state of the business for suppliers
• Demonstrates depth and/or breadth of expertise in own specialized discipline or field
• Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services
• May lead functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity
• Leads others to solve complex problems; uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions
• Impacts the achievement of customer, operational, project or service objectives; work is guided by functional policies
• Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
• Bachelor's Degree
• 10 - 15 Years of Experience
• Fluent in English and Japanese. Fluency in Vietnamese a plus.
• Technical/engineering background would be an advantage.
• International working experience
Primary Location: Japan, Hiroshima or Fukuyama
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time
Relocation Package: Relocation Available
Flexible and competitive depending on the candidate