- Validate and analyse sales, gross margin, and Advertising & Promotion expenses, and provide variance analysis.
- Analyse the sales discount & returns and provide alerts to BU managers to maintain/improve the gross margin.
- Review and validate the sales & inventory provisions (return provision, inventory provision).
- Ensure the delivery of daily sales reports.
- Develop business follow up and enhance performance analysis in some different angles (by channel, by geographic area etc.) including the following topics: Volumes, Prices, Margins, Advertising & Promotion expenses.
- Assist in reviewing and developing the procurement process (bidding, consolidation of vendors etc.) especially on Advertising and Promotion expenses.
- Develop and lead the planning process (budgets, best estimates, revised forecasts, landing): Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory & Purchase as well as A&P expenses.
- Assist in setting Internal Control processes within sphere of responsibility.
- Assist in planning and monitoring yearly stock take.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience of auditing in one of the big consulting firms, and/ or an operational experience in a multinational company, on the control side.
- Experience in a multinational organisation is required. Overseas work experience is a plus.
- Ability to do complex analysis, communicate results and forecast outcomes.
- Knowledge in accounting principles and standards (IFRS).
- Outstanding Excel and PowerPoint skills, good knowledge of ERP, POS and other information systems. SAP and Essbase a +.
- Strong project management skills.
- Business level Japanese & English, both written and spoken.