This American manufacturing company is looking for a Senior HR Manager to oversee operations at their factory located in Yamagata prefecture.
The Human Resources manager leads Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented; high performance culture that emphasizes empowerment, quality, productivity, and standards; goal attainment, and the recruitment and ongoing development of a superior workforce. The Human Resources manager is responsible for the development of processes and metrics that support the achievement of the organization's business goals.
This person should be a core influencer at the site in order to embrace company culture, supporting best in class employee experience, to motivate, engage and retain employees, and to achieve company goals.
This position will report to the Japan HR Director, with a dotted to the site leader.
In this role you will:
- Act as the leader of the Yamagata site HR, develop and lead strong HR team, managing their operations and practices as well as work/life balance.
- Manages all HR related activities including employee life cycle management from on-boarding through off boarding, payroll, training and development and employee relations, with the team.
- Lead and help develop and implement global/regional/country HR related programs and policies.
- Proactively partner with leaders to help resolve any potential issues as well as help developing their people and team.
- Lead and foster culture of ethics, compliance and integrity.
- Also shall have responsibilities in General Affairs, including community relations.
Candidates should have:
- 8+ years of experience in HR, with people leadership experience.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills in Japanese language
- Minimum English communication skill
- A Bachelors degree
- Business level English communication skills
- Experience in a factory HR setting