My client is looking for an experienced Finance / IT Director to lead FP&A, Finance and Accounting, IT, credit controls, internal controls, and also project leading for both Japan and in Asia regions.
Position: Finance Director
(Travelling to US and other Asian countries 3~4 times/year)
- Accurate and timely financial reporting for both the result and forecasting, analytical information inputs for business judgements to US and East Asia management.
- Business planning and analysis, advices for the improvement with ROI analysis
- Structure business models and systems
- Business planning and leading of monthly and quarterly financial closing on time with good accounting and controlling skills in accordance with both Japan and US accounting principles, group policies, as well as local tax requirement.
- Ensure the risk management strategy and relevant internal control, credit control procedure are moderate given the size of the business
- Frequent communication with US headquarter team
- Long range visioning & planning for the business strategies
- Leads of various projects such as new IT implementation, new business integration, etc.
- Familiar with Japan accounting/tax law and regulation, and US-GAAP
- Demonstrated skill at SAP, Excel and PPT
- Experience to support both business side and/or finance department
- Excellent grasp of the interrelationships between economics, finance and operating policy and capability
- At least 13-15 years financial planning & accounting experiences at multi-national company and/or accounting & tax audit firm experience
- Fluent oral and written English
- Excellent presentation and negotiation skills
- Comfortable communicating with senior management
- SAP experience/knowledge
- Expert of US-GAAP, Japan-GAAP. IAS, Commercial law, Tax, Cash Management
- Big 4 audit experience is good advantage
- Well understanding of business company operations (Sales and Marketing, HR, IT, Supply Chain, Manufacturing)
- Good understanding of consumer marketing concepts (FMCG)
- Experience in high end/premium product distribution
- More than 8-10 years experiences of peoples management
- Less than 4 times of company changes
- Strong sense of responsibility and high ethical standard
- Strong leadership to lead the organization, and various projects
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills for both Japan and international especially for US headquarters (balance of top/down and bottom/up)
- A commercial and analytical mind-set
- University graduate
- Professional qualification such as CFA/CPA or similar will be considered a plus