Job Title: General Manager for a cafe
Contract type: Permanent
Industry: Apparel industry
Salary: 6M to 8M
Luxury apparel brand is looking for a General Manager who runs a café inside of their retail store.
- Participates in the community as a representative of the company.
- Responds to customer complaints and resolves them in a way that ensures the customer will return
again quickly and ensures that every customer leaves happy.
- Maintains and promotes among staff and other managers a “no-compromise” attitude towards
providing the highest possible level of Hospitality, Quality and Value to the customer.
- Remains available via cell phone to respond to needs even when not on restaurant grounds.
- In coordination with the management team, recruits, retains, trains and develops an optimum
number of staff who are enthusiastically dedicated to delivering the highest level of Hospitality,
Quality and Value to the customer.
- Gives direction, delegates effectively and develops management team.
- Effectively schedules staff three weeks in advance to provide sufficient restaurant coverage, while at
the same time controlling labor costs.
- Creates and is ultimately responsible for execution of restaurant goals in all areas of operations to
achieve the desired volume growth and optimum profits.
- Monitors P&L statements to overcome problem areas and discrepancies within the restaurant and
takes appropriate action to ensure optimum profits are achieved.
- Maintains safe and secure working conditions throughout all areas of the operation for the wellbeing
of restaurant staff and the protection of restaurant assets.
- Administers written performance reviews for all restaurant managers and, in alliance with the other
managers, oversees staff performance reviews.
- Complies with all policies and procedures, current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and
- Opens and closes the restaurant ensuring appropriate housekeeping and presentation standards are
adhered to following established procedures and checklists.
- Administers in-restaurant payroll and employment record keeping procedures.
- Final oversight of payroll.
- Ensures that all restaurant paperwork is completed accurately and on a timely basis including but
not limited to: daily sheets, purchase orders, accounts payable, bank deposits and employmentrelated
- Provides oversight to ensure all PDR events effectively maximize sales potential and deliver 100%
- Curation of wine and beverage program.
- Consultation of companywide beverage programs in Chicago, London, Paris, Milan and other special
- May perform other duties as assigned.