The international human resource manager position manages all non-Japan HR operations and is directly responsible for foreign-based employees and expatriate HR matters.
- Provides day-to-day direction in all aspects of international human resources, including supervision of expatriate support call center.
- Assumes corporate responsibility for development of company guidelines, policies and procedures on expatriate issues.
- Serves as the designated expert on the interpretation of human resource policies issues for expatriates.
- Develops and implements HR elements for global business travelers.
- Develops and assists the implementation of human resource programs for all foreign entities with a concentration on host-country labor law and legal issues.
- May maintain involvement with new foreign entities for an extended period to develop policies, processes and procedures and handle employee relations issues.
- Responsible for implementation of international assignment agreements, hiring of local nationals outside the Japan and handling expatriate tax issues.
Global & Cultural Awareness.
Leadership & Navigation.
Required Education and Experience
- BS/BA in human resources, international relations or other business-related field or an equivalent amount of experience and training.
- At least eight years of human resource experience.
- At least two years of international human resource experience.
- Excellent English
- Experience in a pharmaceutical entity