The HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated departments. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating proactively with the HR department and management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit's financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition. This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the HR department.
- Conducts frequent meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues. Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., sick leave, coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Coaching/advising managers in the implementation of robust recruitment and selection processes and legislative requirements, to facilitate shared responsibility for the recruitment of people and ensuring that HR matters are effectively dealt with.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Participates in evaluation and monitoring of possible training programs to ensure success. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
Qualifications & other Job Requirement
- A Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent.
- At least 4 years working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee relations, diversity, performance management, and employment laws.
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills, strong follow up, organization and detail-oriented.
- Must be able to work independently with decision-making skills.
- Flexible and ability to multi-task and take on new HR initiatives/projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work closely with regional / global teams to establish short and medium – term business goals.