Join a global medical device organisation with high quality products!
We have an opportunity for a Human Resources Director in Japan. The incumbent has the overall responsibility for the planning, development and delivery of HR programs, policies, services and activities that support the business strategy by ensuring efficient, & professional delivery of HR services to reach tangible & measurable results.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Partnership with business leaders and functional leader
- HR Strategies and priorities, budget conscious
- Organizational effectiveness and development
- Actively manages HR staff to ensure business needs are met in a timely manner
- Proactively developing staff to increase their capability and career path.
- Partner with the Senior Management on staffing plans to meet business strategy
- Identify competencies required to meet role and business needs (JD’s and selection criteria).
- Operationalize the Global Performance Management tool – Training, reviewing, assisting team members to benefit from this tool
- Drive development/training programs as required
- Actively monitor for performance management issues and recommend training and/or performance improvement plans.
- Incentive Management and performance/productivity monitoring
- Manage employee complaints and mediate to resolve employee issues.
- Establish mentoring, coaching and development programs
- Support Diversity and inclusion initiatives
- HR reporting requirements, which includes Headcount, vacancy rates, leave
- Ensuring we have all applicable policies, processes, handbooks etc
- Compensation planning including benchmarking and Benefits programs (inc Insurance and Wellness programs)
- Global HR infrastructure Programs – Workday, PTD, etc
Skills and attributes:
- Holds at least a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Organizational Development or other related field
- Strong business acumen
- Strong Interview and behavioural assessment experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Ability to work with people of varying experience levels
- Strong problem solving skills with sound data analysis
- Proactive and positive
- Can-do attitude and able to multi-tasking
- Ability to work under pressure