American medical care technology company.
This HR Generalist will be responsible for supporting the organization with a focus on site business partnership for the Japan Commercial leadership team. The successful candidate will also work in close partnership with the Regional HRBP based in Singapore to provide futher HR support.
The HR Generalist acts as the primary HR contact for Japanese employees and managers in the areas of employee relations, performance management, organization development, change management, employee on-boarding and employee development. This person will also support the Regional HRBP on the day to day running of the organization and the deployment of strategic HR programs in Japan. In addition, this person will also be responsible for daily HR Operations in Japan.
- Provides HR guidance to employees and managers with regards to areas of employee relations, performance management, organizational development, on-boarding, training and development interventions, etc. to support the life cycle of employees in Japan
- Participates in cross-functional work groups to gain and offer HR insight on business and operational challenges
- Proactively communicates HR policies, programs and company information to managers and employees on site
- Partners with HR Centers of Excellence (i.e. Leadership & Professional Development, Compensation, Talent Acquisition) to ensure successful implementation of programs and initiatives
- Supports employee on-boarding activities and requirements to ensure consistency & compliance which includes new hire orientations and any other ad hoc employee briefings
- Assists in consolidation of training plans and coordination of training related activities with Talent Partners and HRBP
- Performs qualitative data analysis of turnover, discipline, and other metrics to drive site HR engagement and excellence
- Manages continuous improvement activities for HR Support work areas with HR Operations.
- Partners with APJ HR Business Partner to execute on business initiatives that relates to organization design and people related implications
- Provide coaching and mentoring support to line managers on site
- Any other ad hoc projects and duties assigned from time to time
- Good experience and knowledge in local employment legislation in Japan
- Strong English language skills
- Possess good communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent relationship building skills
- An energetic self-starter with excellent interpersonal skills who can work with stakeholders across all levels
- Good presentation skills
- Degree in Business or Human Resources, with at least 5+ years of experience as HR Generalist