Responsible for the provision of a comprehensive and professional Human Resource service through leadership in driving change, working fast pace environment, display of confidence, and critical thinking. The role works with professionals in multiple locations in Japan.
• Support the Managing Director in the creation and implementation of the Human Resources strategy and processes and also partner with Regional HR Director.
• Set a clear direction for HR Operations, enabling delivery of the HR plan.
• Develop and maintain effective internal relationships with key stakeholders.
• Ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place.
• Ensure trends and experience are used to inform future resource allocation and that resources are balanced across all areas.
• Ensure implementation of effective HR communication and develop opportunities for involvement and participation.
• Manage department expenditure within agreed budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
Drive change. Demonstrate curiosity and feel comfortable in dealing with changes and constantly challenge the status quo to deliver better results and create value.
Fast pace. Clearly understands the direction. Engage key stakeholders to move towards the direction with fast pace. Thrives under pressure with strong desire of fulfillment.
Confidence. Challenges the status quo and confident to bring his/her point of view to management for better decision making. Once aligned, respect the decision and bring solutions.
Critical thinking. Can quickly get to the point and provide proposals with consideration on the second order effect.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Demonstrated senior HR/OD experience with a clear understanding of labor law
• Proven track record in developing and delivering a people strategy
• Successful track record of using OD interventions to support organisational
• Up to date knowledge of labor law and modern HR practices
• Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels
• Ability to think and plan operationally and strategically
• Communicate sensitively and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people
• Leadership skills and ability to empower, motivate and to create a positive, inclusive team ethos
• Financial and budgetary management with the ability to understand, manage and interpret budgetary and other financial information
• Personal resilience and an ability to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty, pressure and scrutiny from others
• Demonstrated knowledge and application of HR software and resources