The HR Manager will be responsible for providing overall HR strategic direction and contributing to business decisions and strategy from an HR perspective. This role will create local action plans to address and facilitate innovation and transition management initiatives, while also providing local insight and relevance to HR peers across the Japan.
This role will require some travel to Headquarters in the United States.
- Understand the high-potential and emerging talent toward providing insights on functional depth of talent; drive succession planning and resource forecasting.
- Partner with the Talent Development team to provide coaching to leadership, enabling them and their teams to continue exceeding performance expectations.
- Work as a focal point for the geography HR team to ensure that the social media is up-to-date with systems and processes.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with stakeholders based on trust, integrity, performance, credibility, experience and objectivity.
- Be up-to-date on business needs; be capable of providing diagnostics, briefs, root cause analyses.
- Four year University degree.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in an HR or highly relevant role. Experience working as an HRBP for a multi-national organization is highly preferred. Retail industry experience preferred but not mandatory.
- Experience in three or more of the following; organizational design and development, performance and compensation management, employee relations, training and development, succession planning and talent acquisition.
- Demonstrate high level of of ability to be confidential with sensitive information.
- A savvy, smart, flexible, efficient, fast-working, results-oriented creative leader with good intuition and ability to work on complex issues that require thoughtful analysis.
- Organization awareness; perceptive in interpreting interactions among individuals and groups within the matrix structure and a proven ability to work with, inspire and create consensus with a group to cooperatively achieve a common goal.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills in both Japanese and English (TOEIC minimum 800+) coupled with excellent interpersonal skills.