This American logistics company have a commitment to People, Quality and Innovation and we deliver career opportunities that few others can match.
Reporting to the Regional Human Resources Manager, responsible for supporting all Human Resources related activities in Japan with support to Country Manager.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Regional HR Manager and Country Manager with all HR related programs and processes.
- Complete all required documentation for various HR related information, such as new hire paperwork, change of status forms, compensation request and HRIS updates, as required.
- Conduct and coordinate new-hire orientation.
- Assist and support HR management in preparing for training sessions and meetings.
- Complete all informational reports as required by the Regional HR Manager and Country Manager.
- Participate in HR conference calls as scheduled.
- Provide local administration for various company-wide programs such as service awards, performance management and compensation processes.
- Assist and prepare various personnel related records and payroll process for Finance Manager.
- Responsible for maintaining the personnel files, ensuring all files and documents are in compliance.
- As directed by Regional HR Manager, acts as communication conduit to country/or functional areas relative to changes and updates on HR related programs, policies and benefit programs.
- Maintain and promote positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
Experience & Education Requirements
- Minimum Diploma program or equivalent in business administration and human resources.
- 3 - 5 years of directly related and progressively responsible experience in human resources, preferably in recruitment and staffing function.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in in Japanese and English.
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Solid knowledge of relevant legislation, policies and regulations.
- Proven experience in payroll processing, data collection, entry and reporting with great attention to detail.
- Ability to resolve associate issues quickly and efficiently.
- Familiarity with Japan employment laws.
- Ability to represent a positive and professional image.
- Computer savvy with strong working knowledge of relevant software e.g. Microsoft application, Workday etc.