We give great opportunity by setting the world in motion. We take on big problems to our customers and partners in more than 600 cities around the world.
We welcome people from all backgrounds who seek the opportunity to help build a future where everyone and everything can move independently. If you have the curiosity, passion, and collaborative spirit, work with us, and let’s move the world forward, together.
About The Job
We pride ourselves on the amazing team we've built. Behind all our growth, our bold and innovative brand, and the new technology we bring to market are our people. We are in need of an HR Business Partner who will align business goals with employees and management for our Japan business operations. You are effectively a consultant to management on business issues, and a guide to managers and employees.
The right person takes initiative, loves solving people problems, and can pivot quickly. This role is all about enabling our managers to be better people managers - coaching, advising and accompanying our people on their career journey. You’ll also partner with the global P&P teams in order to execute our people strategy in the region.
What we want
- Authentic leader. You create relationships quickly. People look to you for direction and feel supported by you.
- A champion of culture and Diversity & Inclusion. You understand culture and the importance of inclusion and diversity in general and how to impact and drive change.
- Self-driven. You have excellent organizational skills, integrity and great follow through on tasks.
- Naturally Curious. You're imaginative, creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Obsessive about improving the experience of employees.
- A great “face” for the People team: You are self-aware and well-spoken on the phone, video conferences, email and in-person. You’re a great listener, open and approachable to people of all levels.
- Fun. You're a charismatic people person who can talk to anyone; you're flexible, fearless, and excited about your part in our growth.
- Motivated. You understand the impact of a highly satisfied, excited crew; you love the feeling of have accomplished a big win as part of a team!
- You’ll be tasked with supporting our teams on the ground in addition to:
- Maintain in depth knowledge of employee relations and legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees in Japan, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partner with legal department as needed/required.
- Partner with your clients to roll out all key people processes (performance management, compensation, benefits, development programs, etc).
- Consult with managers and provide guidance and coaching when appropriate.
- Be knowledgeable about our business.
- Provide guidance and input on workforce planning, succession planning, compensation, benchmarking, etc.
- Identify training needs for different employee groups and individual manager coaching needs.
- A minimum of 8 - 12 years of relevant HR, ideally supporting revenue generating teams.
- Strong understanding of HR programs including compensation, performance management, and leadership development.
- Understanding of various employment laws and their impact on HR matters.
- A track record of providing HR consultation to management on talent and people issues.
- Demonstrated ability to partner within and outside of HR.
- Knowledge and experience in technology businesses including a familiarity with global HR practices and policies.
- Unquestioned integrity with assertiveness, presence, and confidence. Excellent influencing skills at all levels in the organization and extreme flexibility to be proactive in a fast paced, ever changing environment. Competence in making timely, effective, principles-based decisions.
- Tenacity and ability to build from scratch are imperative.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills; must be an articulate and persuasive communicator including excellent presentation skills; analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred.