Lead the Finance function for the Japan business and work closely with the Japan MD on business planning and analysis and business development.
Key responsibilities include:
- Preparation of budget, forecasting and planning and providing timely and meaningful management information
- Managing the general ledger & month end close, balance sheet reconciliations, royalty statement processing, AP processing, AR collection, payroll, financial statement review, cash flow forecasting, project budgeting & approval, managing insurance policies, and working with external auditors.
- Review current processes, and suggest and implement improvements to increase efficiency and enhance the controls environment.
- Responsible for updating and adding accounting policies for the business.
- Manage 1 direct report and be responsible for their ongoing training and development.
- Leadership experience in accounting and finance in Japan
- Native level Japanese, business level English
- Experience with inter-company and foreign currency related transactions and dealing with external auditors and accountants
- Experience with accounting software would be an advantage
- Strong balance sheet reconciliation skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- Experience in managing and developing a small team
- Excellent writing and communication skills