The HR oversees all aspects of Human Resources for the Japan business, working with the employees to deliver first rate talent solutions to the organisation. Key responsibilities include talent management, which includes recruiting and the management of the Associates, on-boarding, through the performance lifecycle and ensuring career development.
The position requires an individual with strong internal customer facing skills and multi-tasking experience, preferably in a small office where systems are not yet established.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
The person will work with the business to ensure the business operates with the optimal talent allocations and employees receive the attention necessary to develop and further their careers.
Together with General Affairs the Social Insurance and Regulatory requirements must be met, and the total Benefits program for the employees managed.
As necessary new policies must be considered, created and implemented with careful communication consideration.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- All Recruiting Coordination and Strategy, including writing JDs, working with outside agents and documenting the interview process.
- Recruiting Vendor Management
- Offer Letter Generation
- Coordinating and delivering the on-boarding process.
- Ensuring the talent pool is actively maintained and correctly documented.
- Working to increase the visual presence of the company in Japan (homepage and recruiting function)
QUALIFICATIONS and/or EQUIVALENT WORK EXPERIENCE:
The position requires an individual that has a strong Recruiting background who is looking to expand from this specialty, expanding their knowledge of total HR requirements. The candidate should aspire to be an HR Generalist in addition to understanding how a small organisation operates.
Other requirements include:
- Recruiting Experience; permanent, temporary, outsourcing and contract experience all required.
- A general understanding of Japanese Labour Law and HR Compliance requirements.
- Leadership presence and interpersonal skills to manage and command the respect of a diverse employee group
- Bi-lingual. Native Japanese and Business level English are required. Daily operations are in Japanese but communication with overseas colleagues and customers requires English ability.
- Interpersonal skills and presence to communicate and influence
- Sound basic levels of numeracy, accuracy and accounting acumen
- High energy, passionate and inspirational