Job Title: Head of Communications
Contract type: Permanent
Industry: Sports industry
Salary: 10 to 12M
The Head of Communications has the responsibility to secure the editorial and corporate brand communication through all media channels in a country. He/she plans strategically the integrated communication approach, and selects the relevant channels and fitting messages/ topics, great stories in all fields to be communicated to the consumers. Is also part of the role to manage the corresponding content production and application of the communication plans (entertaining and surprising content, to be activated through PESO approach) and distribution in all channels.
In addition, he/she must manage corporate- and crisis - topics according to the international guidelines and fulfil the role of a “correspondent” for the company’s Media House. She/he not only distributes content of own productions but also syndicates international content to national media outlets and supports the company’s Media House with information sharing, content licensing as well as providing creative input for company’s Media Network properties and channels. In addition, Head of Communications supports the global roll out of the company’s Media House, setting up company’s Network channels in the field of TV, digital, radio & print and coordinates the implementation of these channels into the local marketing mix in order to achieve maximum awareness and credibility, to reach more people, more often and for longer. Reports directly to the Head of Media Network, based in Tokyo, Japan
- Broad and vast working experience (at least 5-8 years in the Media Management Business), profound Marketing knowledge and experience in editorial communications
- Team leadership and minimum 5 years experience in managing people (direct reports, team of specialists, leading external media companies, freelancers, etc.)Manager PR agencies and other related agencies
- Will have experience in strategic planning
- The ability to lead and guide projects and tell great stories that excite consumers.
- Working in a fast paced international environment.
- Experience in effectively managing agencies, suppliers, commercial partners and professional services - from accountants and advertising agencies to lawyers and promotional partners
Knowledge and Skills:
- Fluent in written and spoken Japanese and English with an outstanding writing and verbal communication skills.
- Outstanding editorial sense and strong planning skills, content & story developer.
- Understanding the national media landscape (broadcast, print, web and emerging channels), ideally already maintaining a strong network.
- Understanding of distribution (print, broadcast, web, OTT, other emerging media).
- Broad production knowledge (photography, text, moving images).
- Stamina and persistence to pursue new ideas.
- Exceptional influencing/networking capabilities.
- Strong planning/project management competence.