Our client is looking for a HR Manager to join the growing team and in the next year take on the HR Director position for the current director who will retire. This position will support all human resource functions; provide the strategic and operational direction to drive and secure high quality, effectiveness and efficiency of all Human Resources activities in close cooperation with the Country Head of HR, Japan.
- Support the Country Head of HR to execute Regional HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Report to management/regional HR and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
Essential Skills / Work Experience
- Superb communication skills honed in business partnering/advisory roles
- Ability to add value as both an individual contributor and active team member and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Strong conflict and change management skills in dealing with senior and sometimes challenging individuals.
- Ability to positively influence with integrity to build rapport quickly with key members of the executive team.
- Ability to represent the Human Resource function as part of the bigger business picture
- Confident directing HR and advising managers on all aspects of people management and development.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills, coupled with good interviewing/behavioral assessment techniques
- Ability to coordinate efforts/resources within and across boundaries to deliver goals with high degree of accountability, credibility and assertiveness
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive with deep knowledge HR processes and concepts
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases and demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Deep understanding of Japanese labor law/customs and HR best practices
- Experienced in relation-engagement with Japanese Labor Union
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 8 years of all-rounded Human Resources experience
- Must be fluent in speaking and writing English and Japanese