With over 30 years of leadership in the transportation industry, our client is a transportation leader. Due to dynamic growth, they are looking for an HR Staff for their HR team.
This position will mainly focus on payroll and working with their outsourced payroll provider. Because of the nature of the job, the successful candidate will need to understand seasonal variances in payroll, impromptu reporting, and help within the other HR functions, such as recruitment and employee relations.
This position will be responsible for reporting the organisation's payroll in a timely and accurate manner. You’ll create and maintains employees' payroll records. Calculations wages and applicable deductions based on employee attendance and timesheet records. You’ll enter payroll information into central system for processing. Issues employees' earnings summaries. Completes payroll reports.
To succeed in this role, you’ll need to achieve the following:
- Maintains payroll processing system and records by gathering, calculating, and inputting data
- Answers staff questions about wages, deductions, attendance, and time records
- Receives and coordinates requests for leave and other absences
- Handles changes in exemptions, job status, and job titles
- Adheres to payroll policies and procedures and complies with relevant law
- Identifies, investigates, and resolves discrepancies in timesheet and payroll records
- Honours confidentiality of employees' pay records
- Completes payroll reports for record-keeping purposes or managerial review
- Determines organisation's tax obligations by calculating national and council taxes as well as National Insurance contributions
- Performs the distribution of wages through issuance of paper checks or direct transfers to employees' bank accounts
Skills and Qualifications:
Excellent Mathematical Skills, Accounting and Bookkeeping Skills, Attention to Detail, Organisation Skills, Superior Computer and Typing Skills, Data Entry, Good Verbal Communication with Employees, Capable of Working with Minimal Supervision, Honesty, Record-Keeping Skills, Follows Instructions Well, Competent with Spreadsheets, Familiar with Payroll Software, Basic Understanding of Tax Procedures, Familiarity with Benefits and Other Wage Deductions, Multi-Tasking Abilities, Ability to Work on a Deadline, Sound Decision-Making Skills