This is an exiting role with a start-up company who is searching for a VP of HR with global responsibilities.
Responsible for the provision of a comprehensive and professional Human Resource service through leadership, in the implementation of strategic initiatives and management of operational HR activities. In short, the position will need international exposure and experience, ability to work in multiple locations, and HR systems knowledge.
- Cover all HR needs in current locations of Tokyo, Beijing, San Francisco.
- Support the leadership in the creation and implementation of the Human Resources strategy and processes
- incentive system, with an understanding of stock options
- compensation and benefits
- talent development
- Set a clear direction for HR Operations, enabling delivery of the HR plan globally
- Understand the unique roles and responsibilities, strategic goals, and business plans of each division in order to provide a proactive HR service.
- Help create and instill a strong culture fit that meets all stakeholders needs in such areas as being international and striving for perfection.
- Tackle a variety of projects, such as terms of business, leave processes, job classification, travel procedures, health and safety. Implement and develop employees in the use of these processes and tools.
- Develop and maintain effective internal relationships with key stakeholders.
- Ensure innovative recruitment and succession planning is in place.
- Ensure trends and experience are used to inform future resource allocation and that resources are balanced across all areas.
- Ensure implementation of effective HR communication and develop opportunities for involvement and participation.
- Manage department expenditure within agreed budget.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Achievement of expected objectives
- Consistently displays competence for the role
- Expenditure against budget
- Quality of service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Staff turnover levels
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Demonstrated senior HR/OD experience with a clear understanding of labor law.
- Proven track record in developing and delivering a people strategy.
- Successful track record of using OD interventions to support organisational
- Up to date knowledge of labor law and modern HR practices.
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills at all levels.
- Excellent level of English with preference given to candidates that speak Japanese and Chinese.
- Ability to think and plan operationally and strategically .
- Communicate sensitively and effectively both verbally and in writing with a wide range of people.
- Leadership skills and ability to empower, motivate and to create a positive, inclusive team ethos.
- Financial and budgetary management with the ability to understand, manage and interpret budgetary and other financial information.
- Personal resilience and an ability to cope with ambiguity, uncertainty, pressure and scrutiny from others.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of HR software and resources.