Top tier, fortune 500 international American Medical Devices company is looking for a demand planner for their warehouse inventory management.
Demand Planning has two core functions; Demand Management and Inventory Optimization. This is to look for the talents suitable in Inventory Optimization area.
- Inventory Optimization Analyst is mainly responsible for driving inventory improvement initiatives. It collaborates with demand planners to strategize how we optimizes inventory the best. (70% time dedication) ❖
- The scope ranges from DC, Pipeline, Blocked, Sales offices, and to Consignment inventory. There is a big room in consignment inventory; therefore, more focus should go on how much the optimal consignment inventory should be and how execute.
- Other than strategic side, the business support role is also crucial, like responding queries about inventory, and regular reporting of takeaway or call-for-action regarding inventory performance to business division.
- Inventory Optimization innovates and continuously improves processes that result in simplification, automation, and digitalization in our daily operations. (30% time dedication)
- A lead of projects which will create new inventory management process or modeling (From Lead time / Process time reduction, process standardization, or SAP functional enhancement, to people behavior change or inventory model change...)
1. Work as a buddy of demand planner; plan and execute annual, event, and seasonal inventory actions by collaborating with Business Units and other Function departments
2. Respond inventory related queries and make transaction to meet the requests
3. Provide regular reports, analysis, and recommendations for making decisions to optimize inventory level.
4. Develop visualized reports to enhance transparency of supply chain information (Tableau, SAP, and etc.)
5. Work as a change steward in process improvement project, using DMAIC, Design Thinking, Logical Thinking, or any problem-solving approaches
6. Work closely with supply chain data to help deploy new solutions to support inventory planning and control
7. Participate in pilot engagements to demonstrate new process and ensure succession to standard process
8. Conduct data-analysis including statistics to clearly define problems, generate ideas, and recommend next steps, and expand analytical capability to the team members
1. Ability to manage projects or process improvement initiatives with cross functional teams, using advanced influencing & leadership skills. (Knowledge and experience in IT are plus)
2. Demonstrated ability to analyze, trouble-shoot, problem solve and resolve complex issues.
3. Logical thinking, Logical communication, and strong execution
4. Data analysis capability; manipulating large amounts of data and converting to clear business information
5. Statistic software experience or math-modeling experience preferred (Machine learning, Programming capability is plus)
6. Experience or Interest in SCM / Operations area – any experiences like Marketing, IT, or General Management in which the analytical method is the key capability is also candidate.