A Japan Controller position is available at an American company that produces high-grade machinery.
- Administer and interpret accounting policy, procedures and programs applicable to company operations in Japan. Supervises accounting and ensure the application of generally accepted accounting standards.
- Manage timely month-end and annual-close duties to ensure financials are accurately and timely reported.
- Compile and analyze operating and performance reports.
- Prepare special financial and statistical reports and analyze unusual items on financial or accounting reports.
- Operate as key financial accountant for Japan, providing overall control of the balance sheet and P＆L.
- Lead and liaise with external auditors. Support global audits as required.
- Develop recommendations to improve reporting.
- Business-level English to report to Global Controller.
- Accounting and finance leadership experience in a manufacturing company.
- CPA (or similar qualification) is an advantage but not essential.