This position is for a Logistics Director for an International Logistics company at their location in in Tokyo. Responsible for all distribution functions. This includes shipments to both domestic and international customers, and to distribution centers within the organization. Generally supervises other managers/supervisors and staff at one or more location(s).
- Manage 3PL relationship - Carrier selection.
- Negotiate transportation contracts for LTL, TL, small packages and air freight.
- Develop and manage annual corporate freight spend and the distribution operating budget.
- Manage monthly freight cost reporting process.
- Through efficient expedition of company products, ensure shipping function supports the achievement of the company's monthly net sales and customer service objectives.
- Oversee maximization of available capacity in overseas facility for the optimal storage of produced not shipped product and safe, efficient storage and retrieval of products to be shipped.
- Continual analysis of theloading process and the productivity of shipping direct labor.
- Supervision and development of logistics, transportation, customer support and distribution department personnel.
- Definition of logistics function’s long and short-term strategic objectives and the communication of those objectives to department personnel.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field
- 5-10 years of progressively more responsible work experience is required
- Moderate analytical ability required. Analysis requires breaking down of information to determine its elements, historical comparisons, interpretation of data to identify trends in situations where the problems are somewhat complex.
- Familiarity period of between 1 and 2 years.
- Tasks involve the creation of new procedures, processes or relationships. Often responsible for identifying changes that need to be made in current procedures.
- Position has limited access to current confidential/sensitive information. Divulgence would result in an invasion of personal or organizational privacy. May result in cost to the company in the form of employee productivity issues, pricing issues. Dollar impact would be moderate.
- Independent judgment must be exercised frequently. Assignments are received in the form of results expected, but the employee has considerable freedom to decide work priorities and procedures to be followed.
- Impact of decisions on results is significant. May create or eliminate losses of money, time and employee and community good will that are substantial in nature.
- Frequency of internal and external contacts is very frequent. From 51% to 80% of work time.
- The likely impact of communication on the Company's overall success is high. Important matters discussed and/or decisions made. Contacts may have significant impact on overall success of the Company.
- Occasional exposure to one or more unpleasant and/or hazardous conditions or travel. (6-20% of work time).
- Supervisory duties 20% or more of work time spent on supervisory tasks.
Supervisory duties may occasionally perform work of subordinates. May or may not ultimately be responsible for area operations.
If this is an opportunity that sounds like a fit for you, please do not hesitate to send your CV to Agnes at firstname.lastname@example.org