Job Title: Marketing & E-commerce Senior Manager
Contract type: Permanent
Industry: Outdoor industry
Salary: up to 12M JPY
Role & responsibilities:
-Direct channel operations
Lead & manage Direct channel marketing activities (catalog, web, customer service center operations & PR). Provide strong clear leadership, tactical & strategic direction, analysis, timely & accurate feedback at regular snr. management meetings, marketing team meetings and individual direct-report's one-to-one meetings (direct reports: catalog manager, web manager, multi-channel marketing manager, advertising and creative manager, call center manager, PR leader). Manage, monitor & control marketing expenditure from budget and sign-off, direct channel invoices (within the company's invoice approval matrix).
Working with the direct channel team, own Direct channel's budgeting, profit updates, operations, activities, promotions, analysis, organization and people development as they relate to the objectives and profitability goals of the organization.
-Goals & Results
Lead, set and achieve Direct channel's annual demand & net sales, GM% & profitability goals in-line with company strategy and targets (Budgets). Strive to achieve better-than-budgeted net sales and profitability. Lead, set and appraise teams' goals & performance reviews (channel-wide & individual direct-report's goals).
-Lead the Decision Support process.
Ensure meaningful financial information, measurement, reporting, analysis and guidance is provided to the Managing Director and other snr leadership in Japan attaining both maximum profitability and productivity.
Advise and supervise all & new marketing projects. Participate in direct channel's Buy-planning and provide feedback to Direct channel's buyer to improve channel's merchandise assortment to achieve better results.
Provide leadership promoting a proactive, motivated organizational environment by managing your team and its activities. Set direct report's goals, conduct regular weekly one-to-one meetings with direct reports, provide direction and clear timely feedback. Manage the recruitment, training and development of Direct channel's mid-management. Manage and ensure appropriate staffing resources to optimize profitability.
-Internal controls and procedures
Promote and reinforce an environment of strong internal controls and procedures.
-Uphold the brand's values of integrity, trust, empathy, transparency & respect.
-Relationship with vendors
Maintain good relationships with existing vendors and develop new affiliate marketing programs & vendors. When required, negotiate terms e.g. catalog paper/print costs, system vendor costs to maintain target profitability.
-Ad-hoc Financial analysis
Perform ad-hoc financial analysis (e.g. KPI's, capital expenditure, cash flow, cost benefit), and prepare and distribute financial models as needed. Perform ad-hoc sales events to meet targets.
- Creative, analytical, strategic & tactical mindset.
- Ability to provide leadership to catalog, web & call center managers, designers, marketers and analyst teams.
- Ability to maintain and drive a catalog & web business. customer service center, PR activities.
- Experience in web management, web design, web analytics & digital marketing. Experience in catalog business, marketing, creatives, segmentation, cost management.
- e-marketplace experience a plus (Amazon, Rakuten etc.)
- Ability to identify and evaluate new marketing opportunities to increase customer-equity (new customers), web traffic, on-and-off-line productivity.
- Experience in media buy and execution.
- Ability to stay informed of online trends.
- Language skills: native Japanese and very good English (spoken/written)