You will be working in a supportive environment, and be provided in-depth training regarding the jewellery grading and manufacturing industry, and then have the chance to make your mark by growing the school's business using your business mindset.
This is an international office, so you would also have the chance to use your language skills, and be rewarded with a generous compensation package.
This role is responsible for:
- Collaborating with the Global Education team (based in America), and the Managing Director (Japan) to develop and maintain all aspects of operation and administrative procedures for the Japan School
- Managing a small but motivated team of instructors to grow the educational business in Japan
- Implementing and monitoring department policies and procedures
- Coordinate and implement Japan School student services in compliance with global team policies and procedures to promote student growth and progress
- Leading social activities and organising seminars to grow student membership and enhance their learning experiences
- Project manages all matters with global team to ensure compliance with regulations and standards required by external regulatory bodies
- Administers, facilitates, and contributes to the continuous improvement of systems, policies, and procedures to include, but not limited to, faculty and student communications; general school relations; and student policies (satisfactory progress, attendance, leaves of absence, withdrawals, discipline, etc.)
- Processes formal and informal student complaints; notifies Dean of Students and Senior Director, Global Education of significant issues; manages student suggestion process
- Collaborating with Global Headquarters, supporting and leading processes and procedures for accreditation and licensing
- Implements annual marketing and sales strategy, cooperating with global team
- Liaising with global HQ to ensure global company standards are met locally
- Hiring and motivating Education Coordinators and Instructors, carrying out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with organisations and applicable laws.
- Native-level Japanese / Business-level English
- Bachelors degree
- Leadership experience (people management experience is preferred)
- Experience working with, or a deep interest in jewellery, gemstones, and other luxury products is essential
- Background in education, PR, or marketing is preferred
- Flexible and proactive, able to adapt to a variety of tasks and undertake different tasks and situations
- Business-mindset and a willingness to be hands-on in leading the growth of the business with networking and business development
- Proficient with use of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel