Internationally operating specialist global logistics company specialising in Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices is looking for their next Operations Manager to develop the business and implement cutting-edge projects to support business growth in Japan and the APAC region.
The incumbent is responsible for managing all operational functions ensuring effective and efficient service delivery.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure all operations activities are performed efficiently and effectively in compliance with regulatory requirements and Company's Service Quality Systems
- Data analysis and propose new initiatives to improve work processes
- Support and execute company initiatives
- Responsible for maintaining department budget
- Responsible for agent and subcontractor management
- Responsible for developing annual Operations plan
- Accountable for Operations Team skill development and training
Experience & Education Requirements
- Bachelor degree in related field and proven management experience
- Good communication and influencing skills
- Commercial and Customer focus.
- Ability to manage and develop relationships and to negotiate at levels of management.
- Good understanding of Supply Chain Management, including logistics practices, JIT, inventory control systems, ordering systems, information technology etc.
- Strong Japanese and English (written and spoken) comprehension and communication is essential.
- Manage operational activities of the department
- Plan and develop systems and procedures to improve operational quality
- Control and advancement of subcontractors
The holder of this position must fulfill his obligations in such a way that:
- all tasks in his position are completed in a correct, timely, rapid and cost-efficient manner;
- the operational quality of the department is optimized;
- the existing equipment and available instruments are used most efficiently;
- the operational capability of the department is warranted all the time;
- the safety at work is ensured;
- all new relevant and applicable regulations and guidelines become integrated to operational procedures
- the relationships to contractors / transporters (airlines, handling agents, the Rail, customs, government agencies, veterinarians, suppliers, etc) are built and maintained.
The holder of this position must inform and advise the Branch Manager in such a way that he is aware of:
- existing or facing lacks of operational quality
- extraordinary occurrences in the department.
Tasks and competencies:
The holder of the position must independently execute the following tasks:
He/she decides regarding
- necessary measures for enhancement of operational procedures
- general employment and task focus of department
- evaluation of existing quality defects
- order placement to subcontractors
- purchase activities in line with budget
He/she advises the Branch Manager in the following issues:
- searching and selection of new subcontractors
- scheduling and enforcement of net and replacement investments
- implementation of new operational procedures and technologies
- personnel planning
- planning and execution of training for staff and subcontractors
The holder of the position
- schedules and conducts team meetings on a regular basis
- analyses and documents operational processes and problems of own department and subcontractors
- develops solutions to enhance efficiencies
- coordinates and implements solutions from process analysis and general department projects
- develops, analyses and prepares performance reports
- trains staff to deliver high operational quality
- coaches and provides career development advice to co-workers
- assists co-workers to resolve complex or out of policy operation problems
He/she is responsible for
- compliance with prescribed quality standards and issues as per ISO 9001
- compliance with accident prevention and safety regulations
- correct receiving inspection of delivery notes and invoices and forwards these with any relevant notation
- the correctness of internal credits and debits (Clearinghouse) as well as adherence to the calculatory framework for offers
- good condition of technical work-material as well as the adherence to the maintenance schedule
- office supplies and arranges for replacements in a timely manner
- the adherence to working-hours, as well as to safety, accident-prevention environmental-protection regulations.
- meeting department productivity and quality goals.
The holder of the position is obligated to perform, in addition to the above described tasks, individual tasks assigned by his superiors, which are to be seen by their nature as part of his work area, or which arise out of necessity.
The holder of the position has access to all confidential records, which he needs for the execution of his tasks:
- Customer database
- Inter- and Intranet
The Operations Manager is subordinate to the Branch Manager.
Subordinate to the Operations Manager are:
- Operations Supervisor
- Operations Executive
- Operations Representative