Do you have what it takes to lead the marketing journey in North East Asia for the world's largest shipping line? -We are looking for a great marketer and strong communicator, with exceptional stakeholder management skills, to join a great and diverse team in Tokyo!
The North East Asia (NEA) Cluster Marketing Manager is the point person for translating the global brand strategy to local plan, and drive local (Japan and Korea) customer and market insights generation, local CSLS (NPS) process. Through these responsibilities the Marketing Manager is expected to gain deep understanding of the motivations of customers, and use this to drive the marketing agenda.
The North East Asia Marketing Manager is responsible for the overall quality of marketing execution of the brands , and ensuring appropriate usage and alignment of tools, and processes from HQ. Furthermore she/he is responsible for selecting effective and sufficient communication channels (email, web, collateral, events, SMS, SEM etc.) to both attract the right customers, and grow with them. The successful candidate must be able to manage and grow multiple brands simultaneously, and thrive by driving the functional agenda in a dynamic working and exciting working environment.
The NEA Marketing Manager reports to the NEA Trade & Marketing Director, and is responsible for the day-to-day leadership of the NEA Assistant Marketing Manager
- Vast personal and professional challenges in a dynamic, team-oriented, international team.
- Environment with independent responsibilities and accountabilities.
- The NEA Cluster Marketing Manager will be responsible for exploring new insights of marketing strategies in order to grow business.
- Opportunity to work with motivated colleagues from all over the world.
- For the successful candidate, a wide range of international career opportunities.
- Drive CSLS actions quarterly and be point person for market insights generation
- Embedding customer insights into local business and customer communication
- Review global content calendar and select relevant messages
- Attract customers, generate prospects, nurture leads in line with direction setting and grow with customers where we want to win
- Execute local implementation of campaigns and customer communication incl. events.
- Measure ROI on marketing activity and track marketing analytics
- Align campaigns within Trade and Marketing, and liaise with sales
- Ensure brand compliance and brand training of teams incl. govern purchase of promotional items
- Reactive response to local PR & Social enquiries in alignment with HQ
- Go-to-person for local donation and sponsorship requests
- Being an ambassador for the brands, and growing the brands in the organization and market
- Effective customer communication incl. implementing global campaigns locally
- Attracting, winning, retaining and growing the right business
- Professionalizing the function to better deliver business growth
We are looking for:
- Min. 5 years of marketing planning and activation or branding experience
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, able to impact within and outside own authority
- Motivator and change agent, with a proven track record in successful marketing execution (BtB or BtC)
- Ability to generate insights and have good judgment of what unlocks growth in local customers
- Full understanding of all benefits and tradeoffs for marketing channels (esp. digital, PR and events) and ability to measure ROI across channels
- Execution of messages into on and off line channels if relevant
- Strong belief in the value of brands
- Fluent in Japanese and English is required, Korean capabilities preferred.
- Relevant educational background at min BA level (MBA or M.Sc preferred)