American consulting firm.
Work as part of the Office Services team and work closely with the Office Services Team leader and Director of Administration.
You will be part of the team which covers a broad range of office services activities, such as office space management, sourcing/procurement, office operations, manage travel, and events.
You will perform a variety of administrative activities that collectively contribute to the functionality and appearance of the office.
In this role, you will be responsible for supporting and coordinating various internal projects/processes by managing vendors. Vendor management may include; supporting internal clients with day to day ad-hoc sourcing requests, various cost, change management and supplier performance management and meeting SLA and productivity metrics, supporting sourcing/negotiation projects using various means, and (iii) managing contract lifecycles while leveraging sourcing and contract management tools, and exploring the possibility of additions/replacement of vendors, analyzing the database usage, and receiving invoices, submitting payment requests, and managing internal accounting.
You will also coordinate maintenance of physical space by advising and working with an outsourced facility management team. This will include supervising external contractors/vendors, performing quality control inspections, and coordinating the use of physical space, e.g. assisting in space planning and seating assignments.
You are also expected to provide direct assistance and back-up support to the department manager and teammates across the range of office services areas.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 5 years working experience, preferable in an administrative field, such as office services, procurement, facilities management
- Experience working in a multinational environment is a plus
- Excellent articulation and communication skills in English and Japanese
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Flexibility and ability to independently deal with ambiguity
- Positive, self-motivated and service-oriented mindset with a “can do” attitude towards finding ways to get things done
- Solid relationship building skills