Seeking an Operations Manager to drive continuous improvement and optimization of all processes. The Operations Manager will oversee all daily operations of the facility from material and delivering to ensuring process and procedures are strictly followed. They develop processes that will maximize stewardship, safety, quality and productivity. The successful candidate will work in a multicultural office. You will have all the possibilities to grow and learn from other colleagues in various global offices and eventually take other roles/responsibilities in a fast growing environment.
Reporting to the Global Operations Officer you will be directed from a Global perspective with Emphasis on the Japanese location.
- Proven work experience as an operations manager in FMCG, cosmetic industry preferred.
- Proven managerial experience
- Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (sales, supply chain, strategic planning, design shipping solution, budgeting, resource allocation and human resources)
- Familiarity with industry standard equipment and technical expertise
- Be knowledgeable of safety, quality, productivity, supply chain, demand creation, inventory and stewardship processes
- Computer literacy
- Ability to create accountability and to lead by example
- English/Japanese speaking, reading and writing is a must.
- Strong team building, decision-making and people management skills
- BS degree in Business Management or related field
- Understood ISO 9001/14001 /ISO13485/ 21 CFR 820/ SOR98/282-2015 management system.
- Planning, organizing, directing and running optimum day-to-day operations to exceed our customers’ expectations
- Increasing production, assets capacity and flexibility while minimizing unnecessary costs and maintaining current quality standards
- Be responsible for production output, product quality and on-time shipping
- Allocate resources effectively and fully utilize assets to produce optimal results
- Implement strategies in alignment with strategic initiatives and provide a clear sense of direction and focus
- Monitor operations and trigger corrective actions
- Share a trusting relationship with workgroup and recruit, manage and develop plant staff
- Collect and analyze data to find places of waste or overtime
- Commit to plant safety procedures
- Develop systems and processes that track and optimize productivity and standards, metrics and performance targets to ensure effective return on assets
- Address employees’ issues or grievances and administer collective bargaining agreements
- Influence and learn from below
- Stay up to date with latest production management best practices and concepts
- Add in responsible for overseeing contractors and fit out of facility.
- Ensuring Group policies are implemented and rolled out as well as providing reviews and suggestions.
- Ensuring that operational working routines and documentation are updated and follows appropriate standards for example - SO9001/14001 /ISO13485/ 21 CFR 820/ SOR98/282-2015 standards.