About the Company:
Restaurant supplies and equipment comapany is looking for their new Operations Manager. The focus of the business is on supporting large restaurant chains in their development and expansion internationally. They also support development of new restaurant concepts and provides significant R&D support to well-known leading quick service restaurant brands. Known for an internationa working culture, mixed office, importing globally and distributing/purchasing locally.
Supporting the Growth Objectives
• Be part of the management team and be involved in decision making process;
• Responsible for developing and improving the operational systems, processes and policies
• Allocate work, lead, provide coaching, monitor performance and answer queries for direct reports.
• Build and manage a strong control environment.
Demand Forecasting & Planning
• Forecast and ensure equipment supply chain & purchasing supports estimated equipment demand;
• Track and analyses the projected forecast needs and examine lead times; and
• Present monthly updates on demand forecasting to company executive management.
Managing and Improving Operations & Procedures
• Implement systems to increase the effectiveness and of the efficiencies of the operations and to
ensure that the business can support the growth;
• Involvement in estimating fabrication and 3rd party equipment requirements and developing
efficient purchasing and logistics processes;
• Ensure all the equipment detail of each purchase order is accurate, and to ensure all equipment is
available on time and complete;
• Ensure strong controls and processes in place in warehouse area to maintain a firm control of
stock, costs and activity across all warehouses;
• Involvement to ensure that equipment backorders are minimised;
• Ensure all non-conformances are documented, actioned and procedures introduced to ensure no
repeat incidents arise;
• Minimise obsolete and excess stock;
• Manage the warranty process;
• Ensure collection of all receivables within the given credit terms;
• Work with and leverage functions within hthey company to support the business in Japan with respectto Engineering, Purchasing, Logistic and customer service;
• Ensure 100% compliance with service standards and regulations; and
• Set and monitor standards and KPI’s.
• Ability to organize, motivate and lead people to get things done efficiently; and
• Develop goals and objectives, engage the team in improving every aspect of the business.
• Manage and maintain a strong relationship with partner companies.
• Ensure that agreed service levels are maintained between both companies as needed
Desired Qualities and Skills
• Experience of managing the operations of a sales & distribution driven organisation;
• Experience of importation, warehousing, quality control, warranty;
• Experience of working in both western and Japanese run companies;
• Excellent organisational, analytical and problem-solving skills;
• Must have an ability to prioritize workload to ensure the business is run as effectively as possible
• Fluency in Japanese and English is essential
• Logical, analytical clear-thinking individual with strong attention to detail;
• Driven, self-motivated and independent, energetic;
• Ability to work with multidiscipline team and bring people together;
• Ability to recruit good team members and develop people to their full potential;
• A doer rather than a theorist – need to wear many hats and lead by example;
• ERP application experience.
If this role seems attractive to you please do not hesitate to apply!.