This position is for a Operations Planning Manager for a top 10 Global International Medical Devices company located in Tokyo. The candidate candidate will focus on acquisition and integration of the medical equipment into the company's systems. This includes testing of planning systems, creating and validating data to be used in the system, etc. The planner will manage supply planning with TPMs and internal production sites for the products being sold in Japan.
1.) PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze demand forecast, inventory levels, minimum order quantities and lead times to determine when to order replenishment from
- Initiate scrapping requests for non-saleable inventory.
- Collaborates with Marketing/NPD as the supply chain representative for new color initiatives with TPMs.
- Set up supply chain master data in SAP for new initiative products.
- Using SAP, BI, MFR and Manugistics systems, generate reports that support S&OP processes.
- Prepare strategic and ad hoc analysis.
- Demonstrate leadership in engaging and working with internal and external resources.
2.) QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
- 4-year undergraduate degree in Supply Chain Management (MBA is a plus)
- Professional Certification is a not required but preferred.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Dynamics
- Strong analytical skills
- Experienced with Manugistics/JDA or comparable Demand Planning software
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and SAP
- Familiar with BI and MFR reporting systems
- Ability to work with large amounts of data efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to work in a group or independently, self-motivated.
- Excellent communication skills
3.) SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Strategic – Planning, administration, facilitation, creativity, problem analysis, decision making, cultural awareness, business intelligence, inspiration, empowerment, impact, collaboration
- Business – Product knowledge, multi-tasking, analytical, quantitative, organizational, detail-oriented, time management
- Creativity and Innovation – Creativity, business savvy, originality, intuition
- Leadership and Personal – Motivating others, communication, objectivity, integrity, dependability, initiative, flexibility, sensitivity, tenacity, autonomy
- Strong Thinking & Problem Solving - Previous experience in PS - Demand / Supply Management with demonstrated capability of data analysis; ability to make decisions and conclusions based on quantitative & qualitative information.
- Leadership Skills - Demonstrated ability to meet stretching goals, enrolling all stakeholders, courage in facing reality and personally owning complex issues.
- Collaboration Skills - Demonstrated ability to work across functions and levels; to proactively bring the right people together with the right information at the right time and able to handle communication and reach alignment with senior management, communication & implement decisions.
- In-Touch - ability to understand and learn quickly what is occurring externally and internally on the business, formulate actionable insights and translates into forecast based upon the same.