Our client, a leader in the field, is seeking a Japan Payroll Process HR Representative for Japan Entities.
The payroll process consists of Payroll, Time & Absence Management (TAM) work processes.
Essential duties and responsibilities typically include the following and others as assigned:
- End-to-end Payroll, working closely with Japan Payroll Specialist, reporting to Area Payroll & Process Leader.
- Coordinating accurate and timely Payroll, Time & Absence activities for Japan entities, including Joint Venture entities. Prime responsibility starts with be Joint Venture Payroll.
- Adherence to all legal, statutory & compliance requirements within stipulated time frame
- Coordination with internal and external process/financial audits.
- Effective & efficient management of vendor service delivery
- Contribution in local / Global strategic key projects and initiatives in implementation
- Close partnership with country HR and overseas HR Solutions working partners
Desired skills and qualifications
- Your professional experience can either be within Payroll, Time and Absence Management. Compensation and benefits or other HR understanding is a plus.
- In your work you demonstrate structure and process orientation, with an eye for detail.
- You bring a minimum of 5+ years Japan payroll experience, both at a technical and practical level in diverse business and work processes or other relevant job experience.
- Experience of managing complex labour/payroll related legislations, collaborating with the HR function in common areas of benefits, etc. would be preferred.
- Strong Japanese language with good written & verbal knowledge of English as there is reporting line to APAC (Korea).
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams, across multiple locations & cultures.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing priorities under tight timelines.
- Payroll experience in multinational company or payroll service firm is critical plus.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, conflict resolution and facilitation skills.